As a Christian school, we have Bible class, devotions and prayer, and chapel for students like you might expect. Middle school students meet monthly in small groups with their teachers and parent leaders to talk on a deeper level about their faith and to discuss questions they may have. We also have students put their faith into action by participating in service projects and community outreach throughout the year. Our faculty and staff are committed Christians who have an active faith life.
However, we go a step further, making sure our faith isn't just something we check off the list but something we incorporate into every aspect of the educational experience at BCS. We are intentional about weaving our faith into all aspects of our educational experience. As part of that commitment, we have developed ten throughlines to guide teachers and students in making practical connections between their faith and learning. These throughlines shape our teaching and learning and inform our discussions and conversations.
Learning: Through our learning, how are we living out our faith?
- Knowledge: Discerning and Applying Knowledge
- Imagination: Imagining Possibilities, Curiosity
- Wisdom: Seeking Wisdom
- Creativity: Exploring and Creating Beauty
Leading: How does our faith impact our leadership?
- Community: Building Community
- Justice: Understanding Culture and Transforming Society
- Relationships: Restoring Relationships, Collaborating
Serving: What does it mean to serve faithfully in God’s world?
- Stewardship: Developing and Caring for God’s world
- Compassion: Engaging Others through Service
- Worship: Bringing glory to God
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.